Quality Food For All, Forever
We believe that everybody should have nutritious food all time. So, we work hard in putting efforts on sustainable food system, capability empowerment, system resilience and new economy. Because food system is endangered due to climate change, increasing population vs decreasing resources. To feed continuously food must be first in our policy and program. By considering the urgency of food to save humanity we share the words through the web to the world. Please stay connected.
- Pollinators: neonicotinoid pesticides stop bees and flies from getting a good night’s sleep | TCKiah Tasman, University of Bristol Neonicotinoids, the most commonly used pesticides in the world, were banned in the EU in 2018. More than 99,000 people petitioned the UK government to support the ban amid a wealth of scientific evidence linking this group of chemicals to poor health in bees, from the reduced production of bumblebee… Continue reading Pollinators: neonicotinoid pesticides stop bees and flies from getting a good night’s sleep | TC
- Let’s Put Food FirstWe believe that everybody should have nutritious food all time. So, we work hard in putting efforts on sustainable food system, capability empowerment, system resilience and new economy. Because food system is endangered due to climate change, increasing population vs decreasing resources. To feed continuously food must be first in our policy and program. By… Continue reading Let’s Put Food First
- Empowering accessibility of food and dealing with pandemicsJagadish Wagle Accessibility is one of the four components of food security. Food is believed to be accessible and inclusive if the cost is affordable and the goods are easily available. The regular source of income determines the affordability of a consumer. Affordability can also be empowered by the entitlement of direct cash distribution. Moreover,… Continue reading Empowering accessibility of food and dealing with pandemics
- Stop Animal CrueltyToshita Khatri We live in a world that not only turns a blind eye to animal cruelty but simply disregards it – be it through legislation or with indifference. Videos of animal abuse are not uncommon to pop up on social media. We all know that animal cruelty is wrong. But we do not know… Continue reading Stop Animal Cruelty
- A growing tendency of self-medication against COVID19 in ZambiaDerrick Silimina Zambian health officials are grappling with a wave of dead-on-arrival cases at the country’s main referral hospital. The spike in cases may be related to residents not following COVID-19 guidelines, as well as to widespread misconceptions about the virus. Zambian health officials have spotted a worrisome trend: More and more patients are dying… Continue reading A growing tendency of self-medication against COVID19 in Zambia
- Ensuring food security amid Locust attack | TRNJagadish Wagle Background Food security has been the biggest challenge since the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona) has broken out from Wuhan, China in December last year. The world has paid huge attention to control transmitting COVID-19, health hazards and panic. Due to what, basic requirements like food, work, income and livelihood have categorically been put… Continue reading Ensuring food security amid Locust attack | TRN
- There are no miracle foods or diets that can prevent COVID-19Taibat Ibitoye, University of Reading Since the global outbreak of the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), there have been widespread claims on social media that certain foods and supplements can prevent or cure COVID-19. Even though the World Health Organization (WHO) has tried to dispel such myths surrounding “miracle” foods and coronavirus, misinformation continues to circulate. Though… Continue reading There are no miracle foods or diets that can prevent COVID-19
- Free school meals: the lifelong impact of childhood food povertyRegina Keith, University of Westminster The coronavirus pandemic has had a devastating impact on household food security in the UK. Five million families have encountered food insecurity, and 200,000 children are missing meals every day. Despite a campaign led by Manchester United and England footballer Marcus Rashford, the UK government has voted against extending free… Continue reading Free school meals: the lifelong impact of childhood food poverty
- Community supported agriculture to ensure wellbeing, food security and environment in the UKINTRODUCTION and PROBLEM STATEMENT Agriculture is the source of food which is heavily exhausted due to human activities and Greenhouse Gas emission. Moreover, some of the planetary boundaries have already crossed their limitations and posed a risk of collapse (Rockström, et al., 2009). Besides that, hunger, obesity, diabetics, food waste, migration, conflict and climate change… Continue reading Community supported agriculture to ensure wellbeing, food security and environment in the UK
Food Security and Food System
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 2015-30)
COVID-19 and Food Security
All nations are requested to show their commitment by promulgating law and policy that promote investments in preserving the climate. In the meantime, a major investment partner of the global economy, the US government, withdrew from the Paris Agreement in 2019.
Population, climate and food (PCF) are deeply entangled. Over-exploitation of natural resources, increasing population, climate emergencies and food insecurity have posed a serious threat. Thus, a nexus of WAL should be considered while implementing polices of the PCF …
The reality is that crime, smuggling, trafficking and black markets have been linked with such a narcotic market that does not pay any revenue to the state fund, even though the state must invest a huge amount to deal the issues associated with drugs. Further, it has even become a hidden driver of socio-political instability, conflict and corruption.
Let’s think again, could it be good to legalese cannabis? The answer should begin with why it was banned.
Moreover food is also a supplement of nutritional requirements. So it is wrong to think that food is only a stuff of filling belly. Besides that, there is a huge economy and politics associated with food. The COVID-19, natural calamity, climate change and food waste are the biggest challenges that should be addressed to make sure there is enough food supply. In later time, the world has been facing unprecedented food insecurity from the invasion of swarms of locusts destroying millions of miles of agriculture, plants and fodder especially in the horn of Africa and beyond.
Become a Volunteer
We are a small volunteer team of talented professionals with a wide range of skills and experience. We love what we do, and we do it with passion. We look forward to working with you. Please contact us for more info.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.